This Policy sets out how SECURITY5 uses the information that you provide to us or that we otherwise collect through your use of the Services. Security5 may update this Policy over time. SECURITY5 will notify you of these changes by updating this Policy, so please check it from time to time in order to ensure that you are aware of any changes and of the latest Policy. If SECURITY5 considers changes to the Policy to be material, SECURITY5 will place a notice for a period of time. The most current Policy on the Site supersedes all previous versions and will be available on www.mypanicbutton.com/privacy-policy. Please read this Policy carefully and see the end of this Policy for the date it was last updated. By using or participating in any Services or visiting any Sites, and/or providing SECURITY5 with your information, you consent to the use, collection, transfer, storage and processing of your information outside of your jurisdiction of residence, consistent with this Policy. YOUR USE OR CONTINUED USE OF ANY OF THE SERVICES IS CONDITIONED UPON AND INDICATES THAT YOU HAVE READ, ACCEPTED AND AGREED TO THE POLICY AND TO SECURITY5’S PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR THE PURPOSES STATED BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE POLICY, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SERVICES AND/OR VISIT ANY OF THE SITES.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
In general, you can visit many of the Sites or use many of the Services without providing SECURITY5 with any of your personal information. However, some of the Services may require you to provide SECURITY5 with your personal information.
Personally Identifiable Information
When you register with us or buy products through the Site, call us or use the Services, we will ask you for personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name, your shipping and billing address, your telephone number, your company name, your credit card information (in order to process your purchases), and your email address. You can choose whether or not to provide this information, but you may not be able to access or use all the Services or purchase products. We use your Personal Information mainly to provide you with service, assistance and administer your inquiries.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Non-Personally Identifiable Information is technical or demographic information; such as your age, location, gender or interests. Non-personally Identifiable Information does NOT identify you personally. We may collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information about the Services that you use and the way you use them, such as when you view and interact with content offered through a Service or one of our Sites. For example, when you visit the Sites or view HTML e-mail, our web servers automatically collect usage information. Such usage information includes information about the way our visitors use and navigate our Sites. The Non-Personally Identifiable Information we collect may include:
- Device information (e.g., your device model number, IMEI number, serial number or other unique device identifiers, MAC address, IP address, operating system version, device settings, etc.);
- Anonymous information that is automatically collected which alone cannot be used to identify you when you connect to or use the Services.
- Log information (e.g., details of how you use the Services, such as time and duration of your use of the Service, browser cookies, web cookies, flash cookies and web beacons, etc.);
- Internet Protocol (IP) address — Your IP address is a number that lets computers or servers connected to the Internet know where to send you data — such as the webpages you view;
- Cookies, which are small text files that may be used to collect information about one’s activities on the Sites. For example, when someone visits a page within the Sites, a cookie is placed on the user’s machine (if the user accepts cookies) or is read if the user has visited the Sites previously. Cookies may also be used to track users across the internet. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but if you do, you may not be able to take advantage of the personalized features enjoyed by other users to our Sites. Additionally, some of the cookies we use may be flash cookies or Adobe cookies. While they are harmless, they may contain Non-Personally Identifiable Information and depending on your browser these cookies may not normally be deleted when your cookies are deleted. Please check your browser to determine where these types of cookies are stored and how they may be deleted;
- Web Beacons (also known as “clear gifs,” “web bugs” or “pixel tags”), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to allow SECURITY5 to count users who have visited certain pages of the Sites and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, web beacons can tell the sender whether and when an email has been opened. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s device, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages;
- Do-not-track — Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Although web browsers incorporate and activate this functionality in different ways, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted. This technology is evolving and there is no systematic standard followed by web site operators. At the present time, SECURITY5 does not honor any “do-not-track” signal sent by browsers. We will continue to monitor the development in this area and may revisit once more concrete standards are established.
WE COLLECT NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION FROM ALL VISITORS TO OUR SITES. IF YOU DO NOT WANT SECURITY5 TO HAVE ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION, PLEASE DO NOT VISIT OUR SITES.
Safeguarding the privacy of children is very important to us. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen (13) without parental consent. If we become aware that a child under the age of thirteen (13) has provided us with any Personal Information, we will use reasonable efforts to delete such Personal Data as soon as possible.
What do we do with your information?
We may use information about you for any of the following purposes:
- Provide, administer and communicate with you about products, services, events, surveys and promotions by SECURITY5 (including by sending you marketing communications);
- For assessment and analysis of our market, customers, products and services;
- To enable us to monitor, review and improve the products and services we offer;
- For internal record keeping purposes;
- We may combine the information you provide to us with information we receive about you from other sources, such as our affiliates, marketing companies or advertisers. We may share your information with our affiliates who will use your information in accordance with this Policy; and
- If we choose to use your Personal Information for additional purposes, we will identify such additional purposes at the time of collection.
To whom do we disclose your information?
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties whom we have not hired to perform services for us. We will not authorize third parties to use your Personal Information for their own independent marketing or business purposes without your consent. We may disclose your Personal Information as follows:
- To our professional advisers who may help you with the Services;
- When legally required to do so, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation or to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Services and applicable laws. We may also disclose such information when we have good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of SECURITY5, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, employees, customers or others as required or permitted by law;
- To an acquirer or potential acquirer of our rights and obligations relating to Services, in which case all personal information held by us about our customers will be a transferred asset of any acquisition; or
- Where it is necessary in order to pursue our legitimate interests.
- We may use your information to send you marketing material about third party products or promotions;
- If you do not want to receive such marketing material from us, you can unsubscribe. If you do so, we would not remove your Personal Information from our database(s) and rather we would stop sending you marketing material as soon as reasonably possible;
- Under the laws of some jurisdictions, you may have the right to request details of your Personal Information, which we may collect. Under California law, if you are a California resident, you may request no more than once a year certain information regarding SECURITY5’s disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at:
16885 Via Del Campo Court, Suite 300
San Diego, CA 92127
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
SECURITY5 does not collect your location information. If SECURITY5 decides to collect your location information, we will get your consent before doing so. If we collect your location information, we may combine this information with your personal information so that we can provide you with better services. Any location information that is also Personal Information will be used in accordance with this Policy.
What do we do to keep your information secure?
Please note that web communication is not 100% secure and as such we cannot warrant that the information you communicate will get to us without interruption. Our goal at SECURITY5 is to protect your Personal Information and employ reasonable technologies to help keep the Personal Information you provide on the Sites secure. We also maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration or destruction of the Personal Information you provide on the Sites.
SECURITY5 may offer you the ability to connect or link your social networking accounts, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter [“Social Site(s)”], with the Site. If you connect or allow SECURITY5 to connect your Social Site accounts to the Services, your personal data on such Social Sites may become available to SECURITY5 and we may use or combine them with information we have. Any personal data we collect from these Social Sites will be used according to this Policy. Your personal data on the Social Sites may be displayed on the Site while you are connected to the Site. It is your choice whether to link or use any such Social Sites, and you understand that in some instances such Social Sites may request permission to access and publish information about you or your friends that may be available to SECURITY5. If you do not want your information from the Social Sites to be available on or used with the Site, please don’t link your Social Site accounts with the Site.
Please note that when visiting the Sites, you may be able to link or connect with other services or websites. These others sites and services are not governed by this Policy and you should take caution in reviewing these sites privacy policies before redirecting to them. SECURITY5 will have no responsibility or liability for your use of third party websites and services.
International Transfer of Information
If you choose to provide us with Information, SECURITY5 may transfer that information to its affiliates and subsidiaries or to other third parties, across borders, and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are visiting from other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring your Personal Information to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as those countries and by providing such information you consent to:
- The use of your Personal Information for the uses identified above in accordance with this Policy; and
- The transfer of your Personal Information to the United States as indicated above.
In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the Personal Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information collected via the Sites.
Choice of Law — Arbitration
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California and by the federal laws of the United States, excluding their conflicts of laws provisions. Any and all unresolved disputes arising out of or related to this Agreement shall be submitted to arbitration in San Diego County, California, USA. The arbitration shall be conducted under the rules then prevailing of JAMS. The arbitrator’s award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. You acknowledge that a violation of this Agreement may cause irreparable harm to Security5, and you agree that, in addition to any other remedies provided by law, Security5 shall be entitled to seek injunctive relief against any such violation without having to post a bond. The Parties waive any objection that might be made on the ground that such venue may be in an inconvenient forum.
If you have any specific questions, please contact us at:
16885 Via Del Campo Court, Suite 300
San Diego, CA 92127
Email us at: email@example.com